Hi Stefan!

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
PortalTestCase is actually only intended as a base class for CMFTestCase/PloneTestCase/CPSTestCase/whatever, not for direct use. It provides some default behavior, because, for example, the requirement to refresh the skin cache is pretty hard to figure out. The ZopeTestCase philosophy is about convenience and "plumbing included".

I am committed to keeping things up-to-date. Please make me aware of breakage, I am going to address everything that might come up.

That's great, but that doesn't resolve the problem:

If changes like the _refreshSkinData change in CMF 1.5 are made in CMF, tests are broken until there is a new Zope version with a new PortalTestCase that reflects these changes. CMF would depend on that new Zope version.