On 13 Oct 2005, at 11:39, pete wrote:
From a first look, I think it will have inserted the name 'index.html' on the view class, so if you type /address/to/link/ index.html then you should get the template.

Tried that, same failure...

bah! Next attempt - I copied an example from Five to get started and it Just Worked, so you must be close!

Should it not be <browser:pages> rather than <browser:view>?

And I'm not sure it should have a name="link_view" in the containing definition as that would apply to all the contained page definitions (which could be confusing) - perhaps in <browser:defaultView> instead?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those different combinations tonight :)

I'm still not clear how this views lookup interacts with the still existing type in the types tool. That's basically why I put in the name "link_view", the desire was to "shadow" the view as defined on the type object. Again, most of this stems from ignorance :)

jens