Ok, so it's clearly been quite some time since I've done any CMF stuff.

I need to have a "document" type for biographies. Essentially a document
with a custom view template as well as a few additional properties. it
is these properties that got me stymied.

I need two properties:
 an image URL called BioImage
 the name of the bio subject, MemberName

Obviously these are not part of Metadata OOTB. What would be the
simplest way to add the ability to set/change these? I'd prefer to be
able to have them set during the creation process and must be able to
change them later.

There are no docs I have found for this. I know how to add a property
during creation, as well as use it in ZPT. BUT nothing on how to update
it from a form.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks,