On 13 Dec 2005, at 12:50, yuppie wrote:
Florent Guillaume wrote:
When importing an type information from an extension profile, I'm finding the need to have it specify in which containers' allowed_content_types it should be added. I'd like to add a pseudo- property allowed_container_types for this. It would have to be read and written specially.
It could even be added to CMF's TI as a real property.

Not sure how you want to implement this as a real property. How would it interact with 'allowed_content_types' of the container?

We'd have to decide which if you AND or OR them. As it's a configuration facility, I'd say OR is enough.

If it isn't a real property I would not like to add a dependency like that on profile level.

I'd propose to implement an update mode for list properties and to add an update file for each allowed container. Something like that:

<object name="MyContainer">
 <property name="allowed_content_types">
  <element value="MyType"/>

(Didn't have a look at the code. I guess this currently overwrites the list and maybe that's what it should do by default. But we could add an explicit mode="update" to enforce an update mode.)

Yes that was another option I'd considered but found more complex, but if you think it's ok I'll look at how to implement it. The mode="update" would be an attribute of <property>, right ?