yuppie wrote:

> Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> Rocky Burt wrote:
>>> I was wondering if CMF does or is planning on implementing support for
>>> add forms for content.  If so, would someone mind explaining how it
>>> works?  If not, why not? :)
>> not that Yuppie mentioned this explicitly but my feeling is that
>> his recent proposal "using newstyle content factories" on this
>> list is aming at adopting/supporting content generation in the
>> Zope 3 way which would include add forms (among other things). Yuppie?
> It's aiming in that direction, but it's just one piece of the puzzle.
> The next step I have in mind is replacing big parts of the factory code
> by 'added' event handlers. That would make the portal type factory
> itself much simpler and easier to use with add forms.
> Tres wrote a prototype for a ViewTypeInformation:
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/437
> But I don't know how far he got with his experiments.

That prototype works fine for my needs, which are simple:  I was looking
for a way to have the 'invokeFactory' bit land on a view, rather than
doing the actual work.  The views I am using there are not
schema-generated add forms, but I don't know any reason why such a view
wouldn't work.

My own view classes do have some grotty bits in them which are emulating
the "post-creation" stuff (setting portal_type, notifying workflow and
the catalog, etc.), and hence would get much simpler with the "added"
events stuff you describe.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)