Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 4 Aug 2006, at 17:53, Norbert Marrale wrote:
Is there a better way than the two-step approach I'm following:

  emails = context.portal_membership.searchMembers('email','')

and then iterate over emails to find the matches

  if (member==string.lower(emails[n].values()[1])):

Or if this can't be done in a less costly way, where would I start with normalizing the email address records that are already stored?

What do you mean, "normalizing"? The ZODB is not a relational database. RDBMS-concepts do not apply.

In this case: storing all email addresses in lowercase, nothing to do with Boyce-Codd ;)