Apparently I'm missing something because this doesn't make much sense to me:

ComponentRegistryXMLAdapterTests use z.c.persistentregistry.PersistentComponents. These tests register wrapped tools, the registry returns them with their original wrapper.

If I add transaction.commit(), I get a TypeError: "Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers."

This is what I'd expect.

Importing componentregistry.xml in CMF, wrapped tools are registered as well. No error in that case, but unless re-wrapped by five.localsitemanager's PersistentComponents, the registry returns unwrapped tools.

Any idea what's different in the second case? Why does registerUtility() work in that case, removing the wrapper without raising an error?