Am 28.03.2007 um 18:45 schrieb Tres Seaver:

I would be quite surprised if these methods had much to do
with WebDAV editing. Instead, I would look for "PROPPATCH"
(and how it is implemented).

The methods Charlie lays out are used to "crack" metadata from the body of a content object (Document, NewsItem, Event) during a PUT. PROPPATCH would indeed be the way to modify the values without re-uploading the body.

I'm a bit confused! (Not for the first time!) The changes I've implemented are working for us: we're editing documents in the WebDAV file system using text/HTML editors. As it's not just the meta-data that may be changed I assume that we have to upload everything on saving. I am however, worried about the fact about possible encoding issues similar to what happens if you edit attributes such as description in the ZMI rather than in the CMF and use non-ascii get problems is this likely to happen here as well?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20