Tres Seaver wrote:

[..]

Going back briefly to ReST: if Zope seems ready to support this out of the box, wouldn't it useful to support ReST in CMFDefault.Document? Or is the dependency on docutils too precarious? It could be added gracefully to the edit form if import reStructuredText succeeded. Or is this yet another case of me being behind the loop again?

That might be simpler than the change I have wanted to make, which is to
register named utilities for a new utility interface, and then populate
the drop-down for "Format" with all registered utilities.

Just want to through this in here:

Hanno is going to spend his GSoC project this year on
reworking the transformation story for Plone

http://code.google.com/soc/plone/appinfo.html?csaid=37C0499E14F646DC

Maybe we give Hanno some pointers on what to consider
as applications here ;-)

Raphael

Tres.
- --