Am 10.01.2008 um 11:59 schrieb Andreas Jung:

Consider working with SQLAlchemy. SA works nicely with unicode e.g. when you're using a Postgres DB with Unicode as internal DB encoding.

Thanks for the tip but that's not really a solution to the problem. I normally use mxODBC and, although we can set all kinds of parameters on the client side, we're still dependent on the Zope results object which sometimes means manually coercing the conversion in an ExternalMethod.

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360