Am 12.02.2008 um 17:39 schrieb Charlie Clark:

so the object is not aware of a UID if it has one. Is this wrong way to create such an object or should I be asking Zope to give me the UID? If I do depend on Zope to generate a UID for me then how I do add them to a folder? I can't use invoke_folder because that expects both the type name and the id.

Guess it's back to perusing the books.

mm, at least I think I've solved this. I'd defined a component but not a factory in my ZCML. Components have to be configured in componentregistry.xml I guess?

Anyway I can now create objects using getUtility(IcontentObject) but they are still without ids.

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360