Miles wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if the CMFUid package could be replaced by a thin wrapper around zope.app.intids. As (I think) one of the few users of CMFUid, I'd like to replace it within something a little more robust and this seemed like a possible way to do it.

Generally, I've found having the concept of uids available a very useful thing. So, my questions are:

  - Has anyone used zope.app.intids at all, or done anything similar?

Yes. There's a five.intid package for Zope 2 integration. This is used by plone.relations and plone.app.relations. The latter are actually very nice reference engine implementations (and not Plone specific as far as I'm aware).

  - Does this sound achievable at all?

Yes.

  - Is this a generally useful thing to do?

Yes, but beware of migration.

Martin