Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Dylan Jay wrote:
I've observed an unexpected effect that you can override a skin based template or python script with a browser view in a sub folder but not at the portal root. I'm trying to get my head round all the various traversal code in zope/five and would appreciate any tips from someone who knows this code well.

For some unknown reason CMF explicitly encoded that behaviour in
__bobo_traverse__. It's bitten Plone as well.

???

Only DiscussionItemContainer has a __bobo_traverse__ method.

Five was changed a while ago to make sure views don't mask attributes:
http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2006q1/001186.html

Skin methods are attributes of the portal root (see __getattr__ of SkinnableObjectManager), but not of sub folders. Views are looked up after attributes but before acquired attributes.

HTH, Yuppie