Hi,

I'd appreciate some tips from someone who knows zope2 and Five traversal code.

I've observed an unexpected effect that you can override a skin based template or python script with a browser view in a sub folder but not at the portal root. I'm trying to get my head round all the various traversal code in zope/five and would appreciate any tips from someone who knows this code well. I'm trying to find out if its possible making CA traversal have precedence over zope2 style traversal in every case?
and if so, do others agree its a worth while change?

For me it would allow the transparent customization of plone skins based code with browser views and mean I can keep my customizations entirely out of the skin level. plus its makes for a much simpler description of how traversal works.