Hi!

We now have to support two ways to add content:

1.) oldstyle (no add view specified)
------------------------------------

The addable types are listed in folder_factories. After specifying type and ID the object is added. constructContent redirects to the immediate view.

2.) newstyle (add view is specified)
------------------------------------

The addable types are listed as actions. These actions should show up in a menu. The add action points to a type specific add form. After completion of the form the object is added. The add form redirects to the immediate view.

Some parts are still missing:

- add a traverser that allows to use pretty URLs and better portal type handling for add views (not part of this proposal)

- don't show newstyle types in folder_factories

- show add actions in the CMFDefault skin

Proposal 1: allowedContentTypes

This PortalFolder method is used by folder_factories and by folder_contents to decide if the 'New...' button is added. I propose to add a new skip_add_views argument to allowedContentTypes. If true, newstyle types are skipped.

Proposal 2: main_template

CMFDefault menus are implemented in main_template. I propose to add a new section for 'folder/add' actions.

If there are no objections I'll make these changes on trunk.

Cheers,

        Yuppie