Hi Wichert!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously yuppie wrote:
>> I personally prefer to move all type info Actions to the actions tool. I
>> can't see a need to specify separate 'view', 'edit' or 'metadata'
>> Actions for each content type. That just makes it necessary to maintain
>> a lot of redundant configuration data. In how many places did you have
>> to set "string:${portal_url}/edit_icon.png"?
> Per-type edit and view actions are a very important customization point.
> We should not make it harder for people to do that. Per-type actions are
> very common in Plone, I'ld hate to loose them.

Can you point me to some examples? Looking at the default CMFPlone
profile I couldn't find any. Repeated definitions for 'view', 'edit',
'download', 'external_edit', 'history' or 'references' Actions look
quite redundant to me.

Note that a don't propose to give all types the same set of Actions. I
just propose that using Actions with the same ID means using the same
settings. And the target of the Action can be set per type by modifying
the aliases.