Hi,

one thing that bothered me on a recent project was that even in a browser
view I have to decode "cooked_body" for those Satanic browsers Safari and
Internet Explorer.

I looked a bit into the system and saw that we still use ReST in a very
Wallace & Gromit way: ReST encodes the generated HTML using the default
encoding from zope.conf and we promptly decode it back to unicode every
time we want to display it, and make sure default-encoding and
rest-encoding match. Adding "output='unicode' to Document's CookedBody()
removes the double-encoding and doesn't break any tests. Would it be okay
to add this for Document and News objects and adjust the views
accordingly? I assume an upgrade step would need to run CookedBody() to
convert existing "cooked_text" to unicode.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director