On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM, yuppie <y.2...@wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
> I plan to use zope.globalrequest as fallback if self.REQUEST is not
> available.
> What's the best approach for the five.globalrequest dependency? Just use
> zope.globalrequest if it is available? Or specify it in extras_require?
> Or add it to install_requires, making it an indirect dependency of the
> next Zope 2.13 release?

Adding it to the setup.py of what project?

I consider using zope.globalrequest as a feature change - primarily
because its interaction with tests is a bit unclear. Introducing more
module global state for the request variable will probably lead to
some changes to test isolation code somewhere.

So in Zope itself, this can only go into trunk. For CMF 2.3, I'd just
put it as a hard dependency into install_requires.