Am 05.09.2012, 16:00 Uhr, schrieb Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com>:

So you want to tell everyone that either has not received that
message, or used Plone since before 2.5, "That yeah, I know you can do
that, but we were just messing with you so now you are fucked".

I think you are taking my words entirely out of context.

Well, I don't think we should say that.

I won't be telling Plone users anything. And anyone with an existing Plone 2.5 or earlier site has a more problems than CMF 2.3 compatibility, which the last I heard was not intended anyway. I've recently struggled with a Plone 3 to Plone 4 migration and would not wish the same on anyone else.

There are lots of good reasons for having only one website per Data.fs / Zope instance.

And if we don't want to support more than one site the ZODB, there
should be a warning of you try to do it, btw.

The CMF (has to) treats its users as adults. While Yuppie has described that he uses that setup he also pointed out the possible pitfalls of doing so. Given the recent discussion I do think it would be a good idea to make this policy with a note that other setups may work but will not be supported.

Charlie
Kronenstr. 27a
Düsseldorf