The Zope Book (version 2.7, implies that you can’t do “SQL queries” from Zope Page Templates.  If this implication is correct, I (for one) have a problem, as I’m trying to do all my work with ZPTs (rather than DTML) in order to use my WYSIWYG HTML editor (DreamWeaver) to design my pages.

The RDB chapter in the Zope book ( shows a ZPT example that works for getting retrieved data from the database through ZSQL objects onto web pages.  But I haven’t found an example of a ZPT for an HTML form that can take data from the web page into the database.

Could anybody tell me how to do this, or point to a reference that does?  In case it matters, the DBMS I’m using is MySQL.

-        Thanks

-        Ken Winter