When I run windoze / mysql / zope all from windoze (more than i'd like to admit) I run zope from "generic" python that the mysql python package finds in the registry... (this is used for non-zope python stuff)...
my2c / hth

bobb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cliff Ford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "zope-db mailling list" <zope-db@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] Another problem with Zope-Mysql

Don't know what the equivalent for Windows is, but on *ix you can start Zope in the foreground and see what the startup sequence messages have to say. Also, try looking in the logs. If Zope fails to start there should be an error report somewhere.

Cliff

David wrote:
Hi,

so I also tried Mysql because i thought there'd be more support. I followed the instructions given here
http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/zopemysql.html but it did not work for
me.

I am using more recent versions of the platform:
OS: Windows XP Professional
Zope 2.7.4
Mysql 4.1
and the latest adaptors:
MySQL-python.exe-1.2.0.win32-py2.4.zip
ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar.gz

Zope just failed to start. I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
David.