--On 18. August 2005 18:39:29 +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Bonjour,

I'm new to zope/mysql. I succedeed in installing Zmsqlda/mysqldb (tested
a "Z SQL method" referencing a "Z Mysql Database connection").

For performance reasons, I want to use connection pooling.
It seems that Zmsqlda/mysqldb implements this (in somme circumstances
mysqladmin processlist shows multiple connections).

What's the way to requesting a connection from an external method or from
a python script and thus not having to open a new connection anytime the
method is run ? Can someone provide me a code sample ?

You don't have to deal with connections directly. You write your SQL code using ZSQL methods with are bound to a DA by ID. You call the ZSQL methods and don't have to care about connection issues. Everything is handled under the hood automatically for you.

-aj