On 15 Mar 2006, at 14:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I posted originally about these C issues because I assumed it would be
advantageous to Zope if its various parts could be installed whereever
Python could, and that the developers would therefore take some interest in my troubles. If they don't, we will probably just look for an alternative Python interface to Oracle. That would be too bad because DCOracle2 does seem to work in spite of the compiler complaints, and it seems quite nice
to use.

You need to keep in mind that the developers who worked on DCOracle2 over the years probably have no access to any system running AIX. AIX is considered too oddballish to worry about by most Zope developers. The people who do run AIX need to step up to the plate and help out, there is no other way.

jens