OK fine, we may do that.

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power

             Jens Vagelpohl
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             rg>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  zope-db list mailling
             zope-db-bounces+m         <zope-db@zope.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             pe.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Zope-DB] DCOracle2 on AIX5.2
             03/15/2006 10:02          -- issues
             AM

On 15 Mar 2006, at 14:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I posted originally about these C issues because I assumed it would be
> advantageous to Zope if its various parts could be installed whereever
> Python could, and that the developers would therefore take some
> interest in
> my troubles.  If they don't, we will probably just look for an
> alternative
> Python interface to Oracle.  That would be too bad because
> DCOracle2 does
> seem to work in spite of the compiler complaints, and it seems
> quite nice
> to use.

You need to keep in mind that the developers who worked on DCOracle2
over the years probably have no access to any system running AIX. AIX
is considered too oddballish to worry about by most Zope developers.
The people who do run AIX need to step up to the plate and help out,
there is no other way.

jens