Am 16.10.2006, 14:13 Uhr, schrieb Anna Falkowska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I made a form using ArchGenXML and want to use it to populate a table
in a mysql database. So far I have not come across a good tutorial on
how to do this. Someone suggested I use ZSQL methods. I understand how
to create them, but how exactly would I call a ZSQL method with the
information from my form?

Hi,

check the section on ZSQL in the Zope Book to understand how ZSQL works but I suggest you proceed as follows.
Pass your form into a PythonScript to run checks pretty much like this:

request = context.REQUEST

for item in request.form.keys():
        validate(item)

if no_errors:
        context.SQL.someZSQLMethod(dictionary_of_items)
        return context.thank_you_page()

else:
        return context.error_page()

Charlie
eGenix.com

Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD for free!