"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> At 02:33 PM 6/11/00 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >I believe I have come to understand the basics of ZPatterns and would
> >like to be sure I understand correctly, as well as help others
> >understand also.
> Bravo!  An exquisite introduction to the purpose of ZPatterns.  May I post
> an edited version of your message to the ZPatterns Wiki, and make it or
> subsequently edited versions a part of the ZPatterns documentation?  (With
> attribution, of course.)

By all means!  Thank you.  The truth is that several of us at DC have
had trouble making sense of it all, so I wrote it not only for the
community, but DC and myself as well. :-)

> It certainly might be reasonable for them to be a package of their own, or
> to be a part of "standard" Zope, since PlugIns.py and its associated DTML
> files do not make use of any other part of ZPatterns.  It is mostly a
> question of whether DC has an interest in making it a part of the library.
> I think it should probably wait, however, until it is a bit better
> documented and the few API bits that are still fluctuating settle down
> completely.  I would also be interested in figuring out a way to register
> ZClasses as PlugIns; right now they have to be registered from Python.

Ah, good point--I was planning on diving into ZClass machinery soon
anyway.  There must be a way to get ZClasses to behave better with mount
points, and now plugins.