Steve Alexander wrote:

<snip huge scary bit...>

> The search just proceeds as you read from left to right.
> There are no repeated searches, unless you specify a repeated search
> (such as A.B.A.A.B.C). Therefore, there is little need to simplify
> expressions in the simplified context-first algebra.

Okay, I'm not even going to pretend I understand that, but this last bit
sounds good.

So would that mean the type of searching I described would happen
without a big drop in performance?

If so, what needs to change for it to happen? A dev.zope.org proposal?
(I'd have to leave that one to Steve, my brain doesn't do that type of
thinking ;-)

I'd love to see this happen and, if it makes acquisition happen in a
more logical way, then I'm all for it...

Looking for ways to help given limited knowledge and understanding,

Chris