On Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:37:51 -0800, "Andy McKay"

>Just wondering what kind of cache parameters people run on their Zope
>It would seem running a high target size and maximum time between accesses
>would speed up those requests it can find the cache, but not cached request
>take longer since more RAM is used in the maintaining of the cache (guess).
>Has anyone found a sweet spot away from the standard, I guess of course it
>all depends on the individual Zope site, this one is particulary ZCatalog
>heavy. Or should I just leave it at the default, which I found seems to work

If you are in the mood for experimenting, you might like to try
reducing the number of publisher threads. Each thread gets a separate
copy of the ZODB object cache, which accounts for a large chunk of
Zope's memory usage. You might find that this lets you use a larger
cache - with an overall gain in performance.

Toby Dickenson