Hi Jimbo,

   I'm not sure what you mean by 'not getting anywhere...' but I've
generally found it useful to work on problems like this one little
step at a time.

I might be tempted to just try:

WITH EmployZManager.getItem(self.id) COMPUTE original_object = (RESULT is _.None) and
NOT_FOUND or RESULT

and

WITH self.original_object COMPUTE name=emp_id, description=first

and then put some objects into EmployZManager 'manually' with known
attributes for emp_id and description. Then try to trigger the
script by displaying the 'original_object' attribute. (You
should set the rack to be non-persistent and 'original_object'
as the existence attribute.)

Once that's working, then worry about the other skinscript
statements. If that's not working... the you have some other
problem.

-steve