Hi guys,

I've been trying to ensure that documents from a certain website are
always fresh, that is, every request for a new page must be validated
before the client sees it.

I've tried using these HTTP Cache-control directives:

        no-cache
        no-store
        max-age (1)
        must-revalidate

but no such luck.  If I for example specify 'Check against server: Never'
in IE, the pages are cached, no matter what.

Is it possible to ensure that pages are always fresh, even if it is
specified on the client side that the client should never try to
retrieve a 'fresher' page?

I've been contemplating a new solution, which is to append a string
like ?ensure_freshness=02349025180.12 (some random, unique id) on each
link, but that's not a thing which I wish to do now, at such a late
stage in the project.

Also, it strikes me that it isn't possible to specify multiple
cache-control directives with the current HTTPRequest implementation,
am I missing something here, or is this a bug / missing feature?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Morten