Hello Stefano,

I used mxDateTime about two years ago, when I worked with Bobo, the
move to Zope brought lots of advantages, the only thing I missed was

The discussion about DateTime comes to the mailing lists between time
to time, you can look what has already been said about it in the
archives, for example:

Yes, switching to mxDateTime would require a lot of work in Zope and
also would break lots of products and web sites, while patching DateTime
is a more quick(&dirty) solution.

IMHO there're no good arguments against reusing a so good piece of code,
in the long term at least; mxDateTime is the standard in the python
community, only zopers use something else; and it's free software: if
the original developer does not support it anymore others can do it.

But I understant that if you only want to fix something it's more
quick to patch DateTime.

best regards,