On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Erik Enge wrote:

> To be really useful I think the PossitionIndex' _proximity dictionary
> needs to be turned into a BTree of some sort, but apart from that I
> don't know what is missing.

It's now using BTrees.  And I renamed it to PositionIndex (thanks to
Chris Withers for this :-).
> And speed might be a problem, haven't really tested that yet.  Will
> during the weekend though.

I indexed 30.000 objects using PositionIndex and searching (both
exact-phrase and near) is very fast.  It doesn't seem to be bloated,
either (the _proximity-attribute, that is).

Do you guys have a testing-suite for indexes?  Maybe some I can apply to
this index of mine?