On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Once you're satisfied with the implementation, would you be willing
> submit the module to the collector?

Do you think you (or someone else for that matter) could have a look at
[1] the method that returns the position in the document - positionInDoc()
- to how that could be made to run much faster?  Maybe it is how it
used...  It is too slow to be very useful when indexing large amounts of

Anyway, I suck at making Python fast (or using it the right way, which
ever I've fallen pray for this time ;-), and any hints would be greatly

I've been indexing and searching a lot this weekend, and bar that problem
with the indexing-speed it seems ok and I have no issues submitting it to
the Collector.

[1] <URL:http://nittin.net/erik/software/PositionIndex/PositionIndex.py>