hello to all

i posted this on zope this morning and it appears that i'm not the only
one with this problem, so i thought - give it a try at zope-dev:

zope 2.4b1 doesnt start in manual mode from the cmd prompt - it exits
without any output
its no problem with ports or other zopes, because in such a case it
would at least give  me a line feedback

i tried with the included python.exe and with the one in my path
(activepython 2.1 build 210 from active state)

i have installed various 2.3x versions parallel but this shouldnt make a
problem because till now there has never been a problem in manual mode

i don't want to deinstall my other versions because i want to have a
2.31 version on my production machine

any suggestions ??

thanks in advance - bernd