> Ulrich Eck wrote:
> >
> > I'm not shure however, what format this should be distributed .. for unix a
> > CMF-ZPatterns-Patch
> > would probably be best .. other plattforms do not have this .. any comments ??
> Make it into a Product that patches the CMF classes at runtime.
> See Zope Hotfixes fot a template to work from.

I have for example this modification of PortalContent:

## added for ZPatterns
from Products.ZPatterns.DataSkins import DataSkin

## changed for ZPatterns
class PortalContent(DataSkin, DynamicType, SimpleItem):
        Base class for portal objects.

so I need to completely replace the
with a new class defined (mainly copied from original)
 in the __init__ of the Patch?

can I do this with:
import Products.CMFCore.PortalContent

<<define myclass here >>

Products.CMFCore.PortalContent.PortalContent = <<myclass>>

Is it the same to replace a class  in a module than replacing
a method/attribute in a Class ??

Ulrich Eck