> > Well, I just used FS-based CMF skins and python Products
> > maintained with CVS to
> > control the 'code'. I don't believe 'data' should ever be put
> > under the kind of
> > source control you're talking about here...
>
> The discussion was about over-the-web code such as DTML, ZPT, ZClasses.
Many
> sites (including most I've done) are mainly over-the-web code.

Why? If you want to edit 'over the web' (you mean 'over the net'), then FTP
into the box and edit the FS-based skins that way. Ange-FTP in EMACS rules
:-)

If you need to quickly make a change, use the skin customisation feature.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Anyone using DTML or ZClasses for this kind of thing in this day and age
should be shot ;-)