Thanks Steve,

No doubt that is probably what is happening. Sadly, I need ZClass1 to be
a dataskin. I could always copy over the few properties and methods
shared by ZClass1 and ZCLass2 to ZCLass2 and inherit only from DataSkin
and Folder; not the nicest, but that would work for now. My approach to
access the contained objects directly (and not attempt to list them)
seems to work for now as well.

If I find the time, I will investigate this further to see what is
happening exactly.

Cheers,

Jean