It's Steves to the rescue today!

Using the order (DataSkin, Folder, ZClass1) seems to have done the
trick! Thanks!

I would have thought about subclassing DataSkin again, eventually ;-) I
had tried to inherit from (Folder, ZClass1) rather than (ZClass1,
Folder), but that order was giving me a _v_dm_ key error; that should
have clued me into the right direction.

Jean