On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:13:54 -0500, Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Ah ok... yeah, there were reportedly several leaks in the compiler stuff
>that have been fixed in CVS.  I imagine that's what this is.

Is the compiler still based on bytecodehacks? If so, I dont think this
is a bug

As I understand it, that package is designed to leave cyclic garbage
around under the assumption that python's garbage collector will break
the cycles. Early versions of bytecodehacks broke the cycles manually,
at a great performance cost.

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]