I'm running into a weird problem I'm not sure how to tackle. I've
noticed that under some circumstances it takes a long time to copy
and paste a ParsedXML object. This seems to happen in a clean Zope,
at least in the Zope root, though it doesn't seem to happen in folders.
I've also had it happen in Folderish objects in an app, though *sometimes*
the problem wouldn't occur. Quite peculiar.

I noticed that it wasn't only slow; it was generated huge amounts of
useless volume for the ZODB as seen in the database management screen;
objects a couple of K big generally cause a meg or two of leak when
the copy process is 'slow'.

I concluded the copy process is this slow because Zope is somehow
copying far more data than intended.

But I don't know what; I need to get a clue in order to tackle this problem,
and this is as far as I've gotten. I've speculated somekind of weird
acquisition wrapper issues may be involved (certainly possible with ParsedXML),
which cause other objects to be copied, or possibly the same XML nodes
to be copied, multiple times, even though I can't find them. But perhaps
someone else has run into this problem before and can give me some idea
on where to start looking.



Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to