  AJ> Does this problem persist when you remove the 3rd-party products
  AJ> ?  Are you running Zope with enabled garbage collector ?

Just a reminder that you *should* be running with the garbage
collector enabled.  We are aware of no current bugs in the garbage
collector, which has been in use since Python 2.0.

If you see a crash and the gdb stack trace points to the garbage
collector, it is almost surely a sign of memory corruption caused by
bugs elsewhere in Python or in a C extension.  You can "prevent" those
crashes by disabling the garbage collector, but you are more likely to
get bizarre errors or storage corruptions since the interpreter memory
is corrupted.