> I am just pretty unshure about this approach though, so I am fishing for
> anything like it. The closest thing I have found was in the "Transparent
> Folder" product.

The Alias element of my Virtual Host Folder does something similar as well.
I can tell you that this kind of manipulation is very brittle, in my
experience.  If you can come up with a less"manipulative" approach then
you'll probably be happier in the long run...acknowledging, of course, that
this was a road I went down as well, so I didn't come up with anything
better either. ;)