Steve Alexander wrote:

> Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
>> I think it should show the site name, ie, www.torped.se:1006, or
>> intranet.torped.se:8080, and so on.
>> That would make me know where I was editing all the tim (except when
>> I have
>> SiteRoots. I loathe the littl buggers. Grrr). :-)
>>
>> It is a great idea, seb.
>
> How about making "machine" configurable per zope / zeo client instance
> via an environment variable. So, I can read something meaningful to
> me, and I won't have to remember exactly which servers I have running
> on which ports.

My €0.05. Manager has manage_zmi_prefs form. I'd like to be able to set
machine name there. Ability to override the machine name and env.var
with settings from that screen would be great. If policy for storage of
those preferences are Cookies, let it be but I'd prefer to store them
somewhere in ZODB (i have to turn off top frame each time I log-in from
other workstation and host changes or gets extra DNS name :)

Regards,

Myroslav
--
Myroslav Opyr