Don Hopkins wrote:
> From: "Marc Lindahl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>You would need something to close off the 'if' statement, otherwise, a
>>>document full of 'if' statements and no 'else' ones could fill up a
> stack
>>What's so bad about that?  The stack wouldn't carry over after
>>or <body></body> - couldn't practically more than 1000's - insignificant!
> If you're not going to use correct XML syntax, which REQUIRES balanced tags,
> then you shouldn't use a syntax that looks like XML but isn't.

I don't think that's what was originally suggested.

I think what was originally suggested is that an 'if' *element* would
leave something on the interpreter's stack, for use by an 'else' element

So, the document remains well-formed, but there is a coupling between
non-contained elements.

Steve Alexander