On Friday 31 May 2002 4:44 am, Tim Hoffman wrote:

> But whilst you might think acquisition looks like inheritance it isn't
> Please don't confuse the two, they really are different, and until
> you think about them differently, I believe you won't necessarily
> grasp the significance of acquisition, or use it properly.

Agreed.

> Any tool/language/approach/methodology can be used incorrectly,

But today implicit acquisition is forced onto almost every zope class, and
every attribute lookup. Sometimes the way to use acquisition correctly is not
to use it at all, but that is often an impossible option. These
characteristics mean implicit acquisition is not a "tool" - its a disease.

Imagine if you couldnt write a C++ class without including operator
overloading functions......