On Tuesday 04 Jun 2002 3:56 pm, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> The appointed time is upon us :) We'd like to shoot for a
> 2.6 alpha 1 release at the beginning of next week (around
> the 10th).

Eeek - six days before a hard deadline is less notice than I would have liked.

> ...but there are a number of items that we need to clarify
> the status of. There are a couple of "99% complete" notes,
> etc.

All my items are code complete. They all have documention *somewhere*, but for
some the documentation hasnt been merged into *all* the appropriate places. I
definitely wont have time to do that before the alpha1 deadline.

There are a number of items for which people have committed, but are now
marked as "deferred". Its a PITA that people couldnt have retracted the
commitment sooner. In particular, I would have been keen to take over the
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR proposal..... but not before the 10th.