----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gilles Lenfant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Removing the acquisition wrapper from an object (Python script)

> Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> > manage_permission(self, permission_to_manage, roles=[], acquire=0, REQUEST=None)
> >
> > Just use this method in an "untrusted" python script on any Zope object, add to it
>Manager proxy, and you're done.
> That method just tweaks the permissions settings. It certainly doesn't let you
> strip off the acquisition wrappers (and hence security settings).
> Please give examples :-)
> cheers,
> Chris

There's some misunderstanding:

I was formerly looking for a way to get rid of the acquisition wraper of an object
from an untrusted python script.
Toby Dickenson replied me that aq_base (as opposite to aq_parent) is not part of the
acquisition utilities available from an untrusted python script because it "enables to
tweak the object's security settings".
I replied there are ways to tweak permission settings of an object from a python
script with a Manager proxy. I didn't say in any way that it's possible to remove the
acquisition wrapper of an object with obj.manage_permission(...) of course :))
That's all !
Now I'm always looking for an alternate way to get rid of the acquisition wrapper and
access only the objects own props.