On Wednesday 28 Aug 2002 4:04 pm, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> Toby Dickenson wrote:
> >
> > Thats probably impossible if there is an HTTP proxy between your browser
> > and zope.
> Why?
> It seems logical for a proxy to also reset the connection to the backend
> server when he looses the connection to the client.
> I haven't verified this, though.

By 'impossible' I meant that it is impossible to *guarantee* that the proxy
will disconnect in the way that Chris wants. In some cases it will, but it is
certainly not required.

Squid will hold on for a while until it has got all the headers, and will hold
on indefinitely if it has nearly downloaded the whole response.