Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Friday 04 Oct 2002 1:18 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>

>>To make it worse when this is sometimes done for a large stretch of
>>code, even though there are only a few specific spots where the
>>exception is expected.
>

> The idiom of putting this long stretch of code into and 'else' block after the
> 'try' block is underused, and not just in Zope. I wonder why?

I think it's because its syntax is out of order. :-)  Whenever I'm about
to write a "try...except...else" block, I really want to spell it
"try...else...except".  This places the exceptional situation after the
common situation, where it should be.  Unfortunately the word "else" has
too narrow a meaning to allow this, so I wouldn't recommend it actually
be done. :-)

Shane