Thanks Jeremy,

but could you speak more slowly please? ;-)

Which debug log are you refering to? There is nothing in the stupid log,
and  "Big M" logging does also not give me any indication of conflicts or
oids. Do I have to run everything inside pdb?

I also do not seem to figure out where the ConflictErrors are raised. I
have added log messages to every single occurrence of "raise ConflictError"
in lib/python/ZODB/* but I never see any of them...

--On Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 11:15 -0400 Jeremy Hylton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The debug log should show the oid that caused the conflict error.
>> From the oid, you ought to be able to figure out what the object is --
> class, etc. -- and then what transactions have modified that object.
> Can anyone recommend a simple strategy for either of these two steps?
> There's got to be a good way to do it, but I'm not sure what the best
> way is.  I'd open the database in an interactive prompt:
> That would get me the object.  Then I'd use fsdump to find all the
> transactions that include that oid.  That would be a very manual
> process since I'd just grep the textual dump of the storage.
> Jeremy

Those who write software only for pay should go hurt some other field.
/Erik Naggum/